Sunday 20 January 2013

Upcoming Screenings: Rebellion, No, Hitchcock, The Paperboy

I have quite a few exciting screenings lined up over the next month. Next week I'm seeing both Rebellion, directed by and starring Mathieu Kassovitz and No starring Gael García Bernal, a film where 'an ad executive comes up with a campaign to defeat Augusto Pinochet in Chile's 1988 referendum.
 

I'm extremely excited about Rebellion as I love Kassovitz's La Haine and though his career has never reached those heights,on the strength of the trailer and the subject matter I have high hopes for this one. No, on the other hand is also very promising as it is the first time Chile have had a film nominated for the best foreign language Oscar.


Both of these I will be reviewing for Filmoria ahead of their releases in February. Below are the trailers:





Later in February I have managed to line up screenings of two more films so far; The Paperboy through the Total Film Screening Club and Hitchcock through ShowFilmFirst.


Judging from the amount of times I've seen the trailer for Hitchcock, I think I might be bored of this before I even get to the cinema, though it does look like it has some fun performances from Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren.


The Paperboy is from the director of Precious, Lee Daniels and is packed by a fantastic cast and looks sweaty and trashy as hell! Below are the trailers:





What do you think of these trailers? Any take your fancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.