Thursday 6 November 2014

Star Wars Episode VII Title Confirmed: The Force Awakens

As principal photography wraps on Star Wars Episode VII, it has just been confirmed that the new film in the franchise will be known as The Force Awakens. No matter what kind of shit-fit the internet throws, I think it's a decent title.

Yes people will wonder if the next ones will be Star Wars Episode VIII: The Force Scratches it's Balls and Hits the Snooze Button and Episode IX: The Force Realises That Today Will Be the Same as Every Other Miserable Day, Pulls Up the Duvet and Sheds a Little Tear Before Rocking Itself Back to Sleep (or something along those lines) but The Force Awakens is still an exciting title full of promise!

What I would have love to have seen is the mind map/brain storm session that led to this title being chosen. Wouldn't it be great to know all the other possible titles they considered before this one. If The Force Awakens has got people giggling on Twitter, imagine how many snickers there would have been over The Force Arises or The Force Stiffens (ok maybe that last one was never on the cards).

Anyway seeing as I've never been even close to one of the biggest Star Wars fans in the world, just like I'd never seen a single Star Trek film before J.J. Abrams came along, I'm now pretty excited to see what he does with the franchise, especially with the principals from the original trilogy returning as well as new faves like John Boyega and Andy Serkis in the cast.


What do you think of the title? Has it awoken your senses?

Trailers at I Love That Film

Reviews at I Love That Film

The Summer of 2050 at the Cinema

London Film Festival 2014

Buy my book on The Blair Witch Project

Videos from I Love That Film

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.